Living on the Water Festival
Join us on Saturday, July 26 for a wet and wild time during the "Living on the Water" exhibit opening celebration and festival! With sandcastle building contests, water relay races, a dunking booth, and a plethora of games and crafts, the museum is the place to be the last Saturday in July!
Games and Activities
- Watch sandscraping expert, Alan Matsumoto, as he sculpts a large-scale marine sculpture to be displayed at the museum!
- Compete in sandcastle building contests and water relay races!
- Play water-themed games and create aqua-crafts to take home!
- Test your throwing accuracy at the dunking booth!
- Explore a variety of boats provided by Angler’s Choice!
- Learn how the recent coal ash spill has affected you from environmental expert, Brian Williams of the Dan River Basin Association.
- Tour all of the museum's exhibit galleries, including the freshly-unveiled "Living on the Water" exhibit!
- Enjoy special offerings from the Museum Store and PALEO Café!
- $4/seniors and college students
- $3/children and youth 3-18
- FREE for museum members and children under 3