Dino Day festival
Join us for the Dino Day festival on Saturday, January 11, 2014 at VMNH! Enjoy spectacular exhibits, fascinating presentations, and fun hands-on activities. We look forward to seeing you there!
Event: Dino Day festival
Date: Saturday, January 11, 2014
Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Venue: Virginia Museum Of Natural History
Address: 21 Starling Avenue, Martinsville, VA 24112
This spectacular family festival features exhibits, games, food and fun activities for visitors of all ages.
Specimens on display at the festival will include:
- A skeleton of a 14 million year old baleen whale - Eobalaenoptera - suspended from a towering 40-foot ceiling
- An animatronic model of a Triceratops
- A model of a Syntarsus dinosaur with its prey
- Tyrannosaurus Rex skull
- Phytosaurus model
- And much more, including dinosaurs bones and other fossils collected at Virginia Museum Of Natural History research sites around the world.
Activities will include:
- The Dino Dig Pit
- Dino Crafts
- Special Dino films
- Costumed Dino characters, including Cera the Triceratops
And much more!
Be sure to complete your visit with a stop in the VMNH Museum Store and PALEO Cafe for unique gifts, delicious lunches and snacks, and more.
More details will be announced soon. For more information, please email email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you at Dino Day!