Governor McAuliffe announces appointments to VMNH Board of Trustees
Governor Terry McAuliffe has announced appointments to the Virginia Museum of Natural History Board of Trustees. The appointments include:
- Makunda Abdul-Mbacke, MD, MPH of Axton, Physician, Piedmont Preferred Women’s Healthcare Association, Inc.
- Thomas Benzing, Ph.D. of Waynesboro, Professor of Integrated Science and Technology, James Madison University
- Jennifer H. Burnett of South Boston, Attorney, Clement & Wheatley
- Cord L. Cothren of Danville, Aquatics & Childcare Director, Danville Family YMCA
- Barry M. Dorsey, Ed.D. of Martinsville, Owner, BMD Consulting, LLC
- Tiffany Haworth of Martinsville, Executive Director, Dan River Basin Association
- Janet Scheid of Vinton, retired, has been reappointed to the board and currently serves as secretary.
“Trustees bring a lot of talent to our organization,” said Dr. Joe Keiper, executive director of the museum. “The new board members have backgrounds in law, medicine, science, education, and conservation. They will help the museum thrive and grow.”
Others currently serving on the VMNH Board of Trustees are Chairman James W. Severt II of Washington, D.C., Treasurer Christine S. Baggerly of Danville, Monica T. Monday of Martinsville, Sammy Redd of Martinsville, R. Gene Smith of Brookneal, Mary M. Voigt of Barhamsville, and Lisa Lyle Wu of Arlington.
For more information about the Virginia Museum of Natural History and its Board of Trustees, visit www.vmnh.net.