Posted: August 21, 2015
(Role Title: Trades Technician II)
Position #: 00022 Salary Range: Pay Band 2
Location: Martinsville, Virginia
Minimum Starting Pay: $24,000, depending on qualifications and experience
The Virginia Museum of Natural History is seeking a Trades Technician. This is a full-time position with an excellent state benefits package.
The Trades Technician is responsible for industrial HVAC and chiller systems at the museum and also performs routine maintenance. This position reports to the Building Operations Manager.
- Maintain HVAC and chiller operations.
- Perform routine maintenance on various building support systems, including electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Perform grounds keeping as needed.
- Help maintain general building appearance through painting and cleaning as necessary.
- Assist with equipment setups for rentals and special events.
- Work with other departments in the museum to ensure completion of tasks necessary to maintain facility operations.
- Receive and distribute packages.
- Maintain records as needed to provide documentation of system maintenance and code compliance.
- Assist Security staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience with industrial HVAC and chillers.
- Minimum 5 years of building maintenance experience.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and work variable hours to meet scheduling demands.
- Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
- The position is Pay Band 2 (minimum starting salary: $24,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
- An excellent state benefits package (including health insurance and retirement) is offered and detailed at http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeebenefits
The Commonwealth of Virginia online employment application is available at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/21438. Only online applications are accepted. If you have questions about the position, please contact the Human Resources Office at 276-634-4158. Applications must be submitted by 5 pm, September 18, 2015.