(Role title: Education Support Specialist I)
(Quasi Full-Time Position - 32 hours/week with benefits)
Position #: 00093
Salary Range: Pay Band 2
Minimum Starting Pay: $17,217
Location: Martinsville, Virginia
The Virginia Museum of Natural History is seeking a Quasi Full-Time (32 hours per week with state benefits) Educator. The selected candidate will work 32 hours per week; work schedule to be determined.
As a VMNH Educator, you will join a vibrant education team to provide a wide variety of the museum’s education and public programming, including programs at the museum, outreach, distance learning, after school, summer camps, and special events. The education team’s mission is to inspire people of all ages to explore the world around them. All staff educators are involved in the design, development, and evaluation of education programs. The successful candidate will contribute to and strengthen this team dynamic, possess an enthusiasm to implement progressive teaching methods, and exhibit exceptional communication skills to reach diverse audiences.
- Plan, develop, deliver, and evaluate education and public programs through on-site, outreach, and distance learning programming.
- Present special educational programming to public and other informal audiences.
- Write reports.
- Represent department at community events.
- Provide support for education volunteer program.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
- The position is Pay Band 2 (minimum starting pay $17,217, depending on qualifications and experience.)
- An excellent state benefits package (including health insurance and retirement) is offered and detailed at http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeebenefits
- Bachelor’s degree in education, science, natural history or STEM-H related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in education field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Museum experience a plus.
Submit online application along with cover letter and resume at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/83526
Only online applications are accepted. If you have any questions about the position, please contact the Human Resources Office at 276-634-4158. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The Virginia Museum of Natural History complies with E-Verify which is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are afforded equal opportunities without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability. The successful applicant must furnish proof of identity and employment eligibility and is subject to a background check.