Outreach programs bring science, technology, engineering, math and natural history programs to you, presented by museum educators. Programs are designed to be presented in a school environment, at a community center, or at other off-site locations. Best suited for individual classes of up to 30 students, programs are about an hour in length. Up to four programs of the same topic may be scheduled per one school visit. Programs are offered year-round and can be customized; a new program can be created upon request. For questions or to request programming, contact the museum at 276-634-4187 or email@example.com.
The museum offers a wide variety of SOL-based educational programming. A listing of programs can be found inside the museum's Education Program Guide (PDF). Each program is listed by title with a brief description and corresponding state standards. To learn about other programming opportunities not listed, or to discuss tailoring a program to meet your specific needs, please contact us at 276-634-4187 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$90 for one session / one program
$135 for two sessions (same program)
$170 for three sessions (same program)
$210 for four sessions (same program)
- Thanks to the support of Martinsville City and Henry County, education fees are discounted for public schools within these districts.
- A nominal mileage fee will be added for programs outside of Martinsville and Henry County. For more information, contact email@example.com.
The museum offers classroom-based outreach programming in the following regions:
- Southern Virginia
- Danville City, Franklin County, Halifax County, Henry County, Martinsville City, Patrick County, Pittsylvania County
- Central Virginia
- Albemarle County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Charlottesville City, Waynesboro City
- Please note that programming in Central Virginia has unique programming available. Learn more about which programs are available in this area.
- Eastern Virginia
Southern Virginia (Martinsville): 276-634-4187 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Virginia (Charlottesville): 276-634-4187 or email@example.com
Eastern Virginia (Hampton): 757-595-5225 or firstname.lastname@example.org