Dino Day Festival
Event: Dino Day
Date: Saturday, January 24, 2015
Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Venue: Virginia Museum of Natural History
Address: 21 Starling Avenue, Martinsville, VA 24112
Price: Only $5/adult and $3/children and youth ages 3-18. FREE for museum members and children under 3!
Dinosaur specimens and activities at the festival will include:
- Full-size dinosaur casts, including Allosaurus, Acrocanthasaurus, Tenontosaurus, Deinonychus!
- Real dinosaur fossils from the museum collections!
- Model replicas of some of the most well-known and feared dinosaurs of their time, such as Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops!
- Animatronic dinosaurs!
- Walk-through dino maze!
- Games and crafts all day long!
- Dino dig pit!
- Costumed dino characters!
- Presentations by dinosaur experts!
- Casting demonstrations by museum scientists!
*In addition to the festival, admission allows all visitors to view the museum's exhibits in their entirety.
Activities will include:
- The Dino Dig Pit where you can dig for fossils just like real scientists!
- Dino Crafts, featuring a variety of dino-themed take-home items for you to create!
- Special dino films to get a glimpse into what life was really like for dinosaurs millions of years ago!
- Costumed dino characters, including Cera the Triceratops!
- This and much more are offered, so don't miss all of the fun!
Be sure to complete your visit with a stop in the VMNH Museum Store and PALEO Cafe for unique gifts, delicious lunches and snacks, and more. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you at Dino Day!