Both Boy and Girl Scouts will discover the world of nature and science through VMNH Scout Programs. These STEM related programs engage scouts through exposure to natural history artifacts and specimens, interaction with educators, hands-on activities, and outdoor experiences. Scouts will make new friends and build self-confidence while earning badges.
Museum educators, along with the assistance of Scout leaders, conduct activities to assist in completing a merit badge or rank advancement. Typically, we offer the following options:
- 1.5 hour program on a day off from school or on a Saturday to work on requirements
- 3 hour program on a day off from school or on a Saturday to work on requirements
- Scout Sleepover - work on requirements, experience the museum exhibits after-hours, and sleep under the dinosaurs!
For more details, please call (276) 634-4185 or email at email@example.com
|CUB SCOUT Badges||BOY SCOUTS Badges||GIRL SCOUT Badges|
Badge Program Registration
Programs are conducted either on a Saturday or any weekday that schools are closed. Workshops are 1.5 to 3 hours in length depending on the topic and are held at local parks, state parks, or at the Museum. Typically, our fee schedule is as follows:
- 1.5 hour program - minimum payment of $48, each additional scout is $6. 1 adult per 10 scouts is complimentary, $3 for each additional adult. A non-refundable deposit of $25 is required seven days prior to visit.
- 3 hour program - minimum payment of $96, each additional scout is $12. 1 adult per 10 scouts is complimentary, $3 for each additional adult. A non-refundable deposit of $25 is required seven days prior to visit.
One or two scout leaders are requested to stay and assist the Museum educator. To register for a program or for more information, call (276)634-4185 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After everyone has gone home and the doors have been closed for the evening, join us for an exciting night of exploration. Scouts can complete badges or pin requirements through hands-on programs led by our experienced educators. Please refer to the list above for the badges we currently offer.
Sleepovers take place Friday or Saturday from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. Each sleepover includes a badge program, pizza dinner, evening snack, continental breakfast, and a sleepover patch.
Minimum fee of $600 ($40 x minimum of 15 scouts), each additional scout is $40. One chaperone is required for every five scouts and is complimentary. Each additional adult is $10. A non-refundable deposit of $25, together with a signed group agreement, is required 30 days prior to the visit. Full payment, as well as signed permission and medical forms are due seven business days prior to the event.
Please call (276)634-4185 or e-mail us at email@example.com to register. Pre-registration is required. Sleepover details and a confirmation form will be mailed.