Trades Technician I
(Quasi Full-Time Position - 32 hours/week with benefits)
(Role title: Trades Technician I)
Position #: 00026
Salary Range: Pay Band 1
Minimum Starting Pay: $16,472
Location: Martinsville, Virginia
The Virginia Museum of Natural History is seeking a Quasi Full-Time (32 hours per week with state benefits) Trades Technician. The selected candidate will work 32 hours per week. Work schedule to be determined.
- Perform all aspects of daily housekeeping duties in and around the facility to include some assistance with outdoor work as needed.
- Work some museum events, which may include evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Provide internal and external security patrols at both Martinsville facilities (21 Starling Avenue and 1001 Douglas Avenue).
- Protect museum assets from theft, vandalism, damage, etc.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for staff, as well as vendors, visitors, and customers.
- Monitor fire and burglar alarm systems responding to all alarms and emergencies
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The position is Pay Band 1 (minimum starting pay $16,472, depending on qualifications and experience.) An excellent state benefits package (including health insurance and retirement) is offered and detailed at http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeebenefits
At least 2 years’ experience in custodial and security duties.
Museum experience preferred.
Submit online application along with résumé at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/111967. Only online applications are accepted. If you have any questions about the position, please contact the Human Resources Office at 276-634-4158. Deadline for applications is Friday, May 25.
The Virginia Museum of Natural History complies with E-Verify which is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are afforded equal opportunities without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability. The successful applicant must furnish proof of identity and employment eligibility and is subject to a background check.