Join us for a scientific celebration of creatures big and small, furry and scaly, during the Virginia Museum of Natural History's first-ever Wildlife Festival on Saturday, June 18, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.!
What to see and do!
- Museum animal taxidermy mounts!
- Live animals! (list of animals below)
- Specimens from the museum's scientific collections!
- Balloon animals and wildlife-themed face painting!
- Wildlife-themed activities and crafts!
- Special presentations by wildlife experts! (list of presentations below)
- Food trucks!
- Birds of Prey (raptors)
- Monocled Cobra
- Eastern Rat Snake
- Hog-nosed Snake
- Coachwhip Snake
- Louisiana Pine Snake
- Canebrake Rattlesnake
- Timber Rattlesnake
- Western Diamondback Rattlesnake
- Eastern Copperhead
- Burmese Python
- Jaguar Carpet Python
- American Alligator (juvenile)
- Large Snapping Turtle
- Woodland Box Turtle
- Northern Diamond-backed Terrapin Turtle
- Blue-tongued Skink
- Giant Cane Toad
- Black Widow Spider
- Deathstalker Scorpion
- Australian Fattail Scorpion
- Giant Vinegaroon
- African Spurred Tortoise
- And more!
***Please note that all live animals listed are subject to change.***
"Animal Control...Questions, Concerns, & What to do?"
Presented by Jayme Clark (Martinsville Animal Control Officer) at 11 a.m.
"Bears, Bobcats, and Coyotes...Oh, My!"
Presented by Katie Martin (Deer, Bear, Turkey Biologist - VA Department of Wildlife Resources) at 1 p.m.
"Wild Wonders in Your Backyard"
Presented by Darin Handy (All Are God's Creatures Sanctuary) at 3 p.m.
- $10/Ages 18-59
- $5/Ages 3-17 and Seniors 60+
- FREE for children under 3
- FREE for VMNH Members and members of ASTC Passport participating institutions!
- FREE for EBT card holders who present their EBT card and official photo ID!
- Groupons accepted
*Admission is available at the door. Face coverings are optional.
Special thanks to The Helen S. and Charles G. Patterson, Jr. Charitable Foundation Trust for helping make this event possible!