Science, history and myth collide during the museum's first-ever Dragon Festival on Saturday, June 17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Explore the lore of dragons, the impact these creatures have had on societies across the globe, and the science behind the growth and dissemination of their myth! All of the sights and sounds that make the myth of dragons so alluring will be in full-force throughout the day!
Members enter for FREE! Admission is only $7/adult, $5/ages 3-18, and free for children under 3.
* Dragon Art, Figurines and Sculptures
* Dragon Hunters by Vikings of the Valley: Live-action history and education
* Dragon Parade
* Dragon Films
* Plant and Animal Fossils: How science helped forge myth
* Craft Corner
* Snakes and Dragons: Live snakes used to demonstrate the physical characteristics of the mythical dragon
* Face Painting
* Balloon Animals
* Sidewalk Chalk Art
* Telling Stories: Dragon story books read aloud
* Story Creation: Story stones and stuffed animals
* Meet the Author: Meet the authors of a variety of dragon-inspired books
For more information, please contact the museum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 276-634-4141.
Thank you to Roanoke College, Virginia Tourism Corporation, Bassett, and Martinsville-Henry County Tourism Division for helping make this event possible!