The museum has Fossil Fever and we want to pass it along to you! From Friday, August 2 through Sunday, August 11, the museum is opening its doors to its restricted access research area to allow all visitors to come behind the scenes and be among the first to view ancient fossils from different locations around the United States!
Paleontology staff from the museum will select a variety of fossils from previous digs that have remained in jackets (protective shields fossils are put inside to keep them safe during transport and storage), open these jackets, and allow visitors to get a glimpse of the amazing fossils preserved inside! Best of all, there is no additional fee for this activity! See you at the museum, fossil lovers!
Fossil Fever is available on the following dates:
- Friday, August 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, August 4 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, August 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, August 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Friday, August 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, August 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, August 11 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Regular admission rates apply and are as follows:
- $5/ages 3-18
- Free for children under 3, museum members, and members of any ASTC Passport participating museum or science center