VMNH hiring full-time visitor services assistant
Visitor Services Assistant
(Role title: PR & Marketing Specialist I)
Position #: 00095
Salary Range: Pay Band 2
Minimum Starting Pay: $21,521-$23,000
Location: Martinsville, Virginia
The Virginia Museum of Natural History is seeking a full-time Visitor Services Assistant. Reporting to the Visitor Services Manager, the Visitor Services Assistant serves as visitor liaison while providing support for visitor services activities and amenities. He/she will be responsible for providing excellent customer service while ensuring front line operations run smoothly for all aspects of the visitor experience. Additional responsibilities include interacting with visitors to provide accurate and timely information regarding admission fees, exhibits, programming, gift shop, food service, and membership. He/she will provide support for promotional activities to increase retail sales and catering revenue. For more information about the museum, please visit www.vmnh.net.
- Serve as visitor liaison.
- Provide customer service.
- Ensure front line operation runs smoothly.
- Interact with visitors.
- Help generate revenue.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- The position is Pay Band 2 (minimum starting pay $21,521, depending on qualifications and experience.
- An excellent state benefits package (including health insurance and retirement) is offered and detailed at http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeebenefits
- Associate degree or equivalent. If equivalent, training, education and experience must equate to associate degree.
- Must be available to maintain a flexible work schedule while excelling as a team player in a collaborative work environment.
- At least one year of customer service or public contact work experience including cash handling and/or clerical work.
- Ability to operate a POS system and PC.
- Additional specialized training or college-level coursework in business, retail experience, museum studies, natural history, or related field.
- Submit online application along with résumé and cover letter at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/107899. Only online applications are accepted. If you have any questions about the position, please contact the Human Resources Office at 276-634- 4158. Applications accepted through April 20, 2018.
The Virginia Museum of Natural History complies with E-Verify which is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are afforded equal opportunities without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability. The successful applicant must furnish proof of identity and employment eligibility and is subject to a background check.